While fiscal restraint across the world is creating significant challenges for health care providers, demographic changes and scientific advances also bring tremendous opportunities.
With the global population set to reach 8 billion by 2025, growing levels of lifestyle-related chronic diseases and advances in medical technology, are forcing an unprecedented pace of change.
Experts from UHY member firms have a thorough understanding of the health sector and work with a wide range of organisations from public healthcare providers to international pharmaceutical companies.
They provide a comprehensive range of services from regulatory and compliance
management to advice on protecting intellectual property rights – an issue which is
particularly relevant for clients in the pharmaceutical and medical device
BENEFITTING FROM GLOBAL BEST PRACTICE
While health care systems are typically organised on national levels, they face common challenges and opportunities as reform drives the need for greater efficiency in the face of tighter budgets, increased patient expectations and changing regulations.
The global nature of the UHY network means clients can benefit from insight into the
development of best practice across the world along with expertise on key issues
such as pricing pressures and complex regulatory requirements
SERVICES PROVIDED TO THE SECTOR INCLUDE:
- Financial and operational (cost reports and financial/operational analysis, negotiations/receivership services, rate reimbursement and appeals)
- IT/technology (enterprise risk management and vulnerability assessments)
- Litigation/fraud-related services
- Financial statement reviews and compilations
- Sarbanes-Oxley/corporate governance planning & compliance (for best practices)
- Managed care consulting (contract analysis and negotiation, cost analysis, network and alliance development)
- Strategic planning